Face the truth

 - How much do you think you'll get?

 - Probably an 8. Today's test wasn't too hard, right?

 - Yeah...

 This morning's Physics test wasn't too hard. As I hold the test paper in my hand, everyone is running around comparing their answers. I'd like to join in, too, but I couldn't do the test. There is nothing to compare, or maybe comparing will only make me more desperate.

 I used to stood at the peak of admiration. I was a talented, outstanding student in the eyes of my teachers, friends, and parents. But now, I've hit the bottom. This puts more pressure on me, especially for someone who places a lot of importance on self-image. They may be shocked to learn the truth. Thinking about this makes me uncomfortable.

 I'm thinking about the reason I chose this school and how I tried hard to get into it. And now, I've neglected my studies, with none of the passion I had back then.

 I wasted my 10th-grade year on meaningless distractions. But looking back now, in 12th grade, I'm not much different. I feel no sense of time.

 I have goals, too many goals, to be honest. But I haven't achieved any of them yet. The results are in front of my eyes. The first semester exams are almost over. There's nothing I can do. The score can't be changed.

 Time keeps moving forward. I can't afford to walk slowly like before. I have to run. I will run as fast as I can to catch up with everything. I can't make any promises to myself, but I hope I won't repeat this mistake again.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

First month in Taiwan

Graduation Test Diary

Lost track